Re: Distribution on multiple CDs

> > where is the DVD writer?  who is selling it?
>
> I believe first there must be a standard file format. :-(

If I remember the last thing I read about it (Byte, I believe, late last
year), the logical file format has been finalized (with no disagreements,
amazingly enough).

There are several physical formats because of the 4 different ways a DVD
disk can be made up and support for DVD-Writeable and DVD-RAM, but this
will be hidden within the DVD drive.

I believe we should be seeing the first DVD devices mid-1997.  Of course,
personal DVD writers will be a while longer.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

If you have a 50% chance of guessing right, you'll guess wrong 75% of the time.