Re: MIME (was Re: Installation report: 1997-04-04)

> > I hate MIME priority selection. We need a global tool for this.

Everybody does, including me.

It's on my list of things to do before the next release of Debian
(after 1.3).

> The simplest fix would be for Brian to get that package to shut up on
> upgrades / installs like me and others have asked for repeatedly.

I've already explained the potential problems with this.

> Priorities can be changed later manually from the defaults set by the
> installation/ upgrade of the package.

Not with the current design it can't.  Any changes made to the mailcap
file not inside the user section will get lost at the next run of
'install-mime'.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

      You can never be too good looking or too well equipped.  -- Dilbert