Re: Networked systems

On 8 Apr 1997, Mark Eichin wrote:

> As far as storage goes, being able to say "install this package, but
> redirect anything under /usr to /bigdisk/... and symlink them from
> where they want to be" handles this pretty well, I think; avoids
> touching /etc and /var at all, too...

But when the laptop runs without the big disks, many packages may be
confused by the fact some of their files are present, some not (eg:
crontab scripts may need things into /usr/lib).
Although the concept is insteresting, I'm not to sure this kludge can
work reliably enough to be automated into dpkg... _):

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -