Re: master.debian.org using identd?

= In general, I think identd is most useful to gather logging information.
= It's only ever reasonable for (weak) authentication where you want to
= allow access based on user in addition to domain. Disallowing access to
= domains without identd never seems to make any sense that I can detect.

ssh does both strong per-user authentication and per-host authentication
and authorization (well, to disallow a user you may have to remove
the authorized_keys file).  master.debian.org's ssh is a little old
but quite functional...

	-P