Re: SOLVED: Erk! Something is *really* wrong here!

>> For some reason now I'm getting bad logging to the wtmp file.  When a
>> client logs in it puts them in there, and then when another logs in it
>> wipes the first one out and puts the new one in there.
>>
>> It says rubbish like this:
>>

>> P		******y**3	Wed Feb 26 18:50 - 18:54  (00:04)

Well, here's some extra news...  I recently rebooted again after upgrading
the libc's to 5.4.23 from 5.4.20 and the problem happened again (with the
28 kernel).  I decided to recompile the kernel with the new libc's etc,
installed it, rebooted, and now the problem has gone way again - I dare not
reboot :-)

Could it possibly have something to do with the newer libc5 stuff not
liking a kernel compiled with an older library?  This has got me baffled :-)

Regards