Re: AW: packages to be debianized:

   On Mar 2, Ioannis Tambouras wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, John Goerzen wrote:
>
> > >  Most likely, the debian package for nasm was made few weeks  ago.
> > >  There is no need for djgpp any more.
> >
> > Hmm, I don't follow.  DOS assembler != DOS C compiler....
>
>  I just checked, it is both a c compiler and an assempler. Sixteen
>  bits, I guess. Now this package will be usefull at times. Sure.

Well, apparently it requires a program called lcc to help out with
compilation.  lcc is not yet a Debian package.  And, when working with lcc,
it will only generate Linux a.out or ELF binaries, not DOS binaries.

Also, LCC is *not* under GPL.  It is under a more restrictive license.

John Goerzen

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |