Re: problem with folder locking: procmail and pine

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> This looks like both programs do not use the same locking mechanism.
> (procmail runs on a different computer and pines access the inbox via a
> NFS mounted directory.)
>
> Does someone know how to solve this? Should I place bug reports against
> these packages?

I think it became policy to use the file.lock locking mechanism for
locking mailfolders, because it worked reliably over NFS. If pine or
procmail are not using it, then you should file a bug report.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna