Re: IMPORTANT: What can we do about the base package?

> The next release will obsolete the base package. Some stuff will go into
> base-files, some stuff will go into base-passwd, and some stuff will go
> into no package at all.

I understand that dpkg will remove a package if all of its files are
provided by other packages.

Will the smaller packages not encompass all of the files in the current
base package?  If not, could we just create zero length dummy files in
them that can be removed at in a later release?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

 Generated by Signify v1.01.  For this and more, visit http://www.verisim.com/