Re: dpkg can't handle multiple replaces (was: Freezing Bo)

On 28 Feb 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> Christian Hudon <chudon@ee.mcgill.ca> writes:
>
> > Maybe it might be a good idea to delay tetex until 1.4?
>
> The Debian TeX distribution had lots of failings before.  I don't
> think dselect's problems warrant a delay.

I fully agree to Guy. Lots of people have problems with the old tex
packages and there are lots of open bug reports against them. IMHO we
have enough time to fix the packages for 1.3.

I'll talk to Klee (the new dpkg maintainer) if he knows a solution/work
aroung for our problem. If I know more about this, I'll post it here.

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@debian.org,