NEC copyright question

Well I was recently thinking of making NEC (Numerical Electromagnetics
Code) into a debian package, but I am very unsure about the copyright
status.  I don't have the manuals because they cost about $150 for
the lot, but IIRC the users guide exists in an online format.  I
use the program myself (as a SWL), but mainly on large unix boxes,
or supercomputers, but it seems to be OK under Linux.  Would
anyone mind commenting on the copyright, which seems to be this code
at the beginning of NEC2D.F.   There are some appparently user
friendly front ends, but I quite like the `Pseudo punched cards'
which NEC uses (mainly because that is what I am used to :-)).

C     PROGRAM NEC(INPUT,TAPE5=INPUT,OUTPUT,TAPE11,TAPE12,TAPE13,TAPE14,
C    1TAPE15,TAPE16,TAPE20,TAPE21)
C     NUMERICAL ELECTROMAGNETICS CODE (NEC2)  DEVELOPED AT LAWRENCE
C     LIVERMORE LAB., LIVERMORE, CA.  (CONTACT G. BURKE AT 415-422-8414
C     FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE NEC CODE.)
C     FILE CREATED 4/11/80.
C                ***********NOTICE**********
C     THIS COMPUTER CODE MATERIAL WAS PREPARED AS AN ACCOUNT OF WORK
C     SPONSORED BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.  NEITHER THE UNITED
C     STATES NOR THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, NOR ANY OF
C     THEIR EMPLOYEES, NOR ANY OF THEIR CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, OR
C     THEIR EMPLOYEES, MAKES ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR
C     ASSUMES ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY,
C     COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, PRODUCT
C     OR PROCESS DISCLOSED, OR REPRESENTS THAT ITS USE WOULD NOT
C     INFRINGE PRIVATELY-OWNED RIGHTS.
C     DOUBLE PRECISION 6/4/85

Alan Bain