Re: need decision on packages with crypto hooks

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Moving the master system to Europe would not solve the problem. Developers
> still upload their packages to the system across national lines. In fact it
> would be placing more of the problem on their shoulders.

 Yes, it would. US developers CAN'T develope non-us programs for Debian.
They CAN'T upload them to the non-us ftp site. US developed cryptography
programs are non-free, their license prevent them from being included in
Debian.
 If master were in a free country (=)), we won't even need a non-us
section (There should be one any way to guide us CDROM makers/mirror
sites about which packages can't be exported, but this can also be
achieved by sumbolic links. Every non-us package would be in the natural
Debian section, as a symbolic link to a non-us directory. People can
mirror everything except that dir)

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | From Buenos Aires,
nick@feedback.com.ar  |      Argentina!