Re: NIS and libc in bo?

> IMHO we have to make a decision on this *NOW*. The release will be in two
> weeks and I was told the current version of NIS in "frozen/unstable" does
> _not_ work with the libc 5.4.23 in "bo". There are already some packages
> in the archive, that depend on "libc5 >= 5.4.23", so they will have to be
> changed before the release, if we revert back to 5.4.20.

The release will not be in two weeks.  <sigh>  The freeze of Bo still
hasn't been completed and there will be one full month of testing on that
frozen code before release.

This isn't to say that this shouldn't be fixed ASAP, though.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

     measure with micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with axe, hope like hell