Re: Upgrade procedure for tetex

>>>>> "Christoph" == Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de> writes:

Christoph> Now for the Provides. There a some and I'll add some more
Christoph> to satisfy the dependencies. But, at least binary packages
Christoph> (e.g. Lyx) need to be reworked and relinked with tetex-dev
Christoph> to work with tetex. In this steep it is quite easy to
Christoph> change the dependencies to tetex.

Yes, packages like Lyx needs to be repacked with dependencies on tetex
packages.  But since we cannot assume that every debian box out there
will upgrade these old-TeX dependent packages first before installing
tetex, the tetex packages will have to `Provides' at least some old
TeX packages (like latex, dvipsk, etc).  And I can't see how can we
drop these old names in tetex in the future.  This is rather messy as
the distribution grows bigger.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Department of Systems Engineering