Re: Debian for Amiga, inital troubles

Christoph typed:
> On Fri, 7 Mar 1997 csmall@gonzo.triode.net.au wrote:
> > Now I have a problem; dselect says their is no available methods and when I
> > try dpkg -i <debfile> I get
> > dpkg: error processing base-files_1.2.4.deb (--install):
> >  parse error, in file '/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/control' near line 1:
> >  invsalid package name (must start with an alphanumeric)
>
> You need to install the newest libc5.4.23 and ldso to fix this problem.
>
> do
> dpkg -i ldso*
> dpkg -i libc*
> dpkg -i dpkg*
>
> and I think you get a step further.
Sorry Christoph as I said above, dpkg -i <whatever> doesn't work.

But your tip on the libc problem got me looking and after a few ln -fs I had
them up and going, nearly.  Then I had to dpkg -x as whole stack of things
like perl, libgdb, grep, libdbl, libreadline, ncurses.

Now libc won't install (it's extracted) as it doesn't think dpkg is
installed as it came off a tar.gz file.  Back to it!

  - Craig
--
  // /\   |  | |  Craig Small VK2XLZ     @home: csmall@gonzo.triode.net.au
  \\ \/   |  | |  finger csmall@triode.net.au for PGP key!