Re: New maintainer address dead ?

mike@i-Connect.Net (Mike Neuffer)  wrote on 07.03.97 in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.970307234445.5901B-100000@nomis.i-Connect.Net>:

> On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Christian Meder wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I sent a email to new-maintainer@debian.org two weeks ago but didn't
> > receive any reply. In the meantime I saw that the new maintainer
> > position is vacant in the BOD. So should I email to somebody directly?
> > Or just be more patient :-)
>
> Be more patient.

Of course, this much patience should not be necessary. At least some sort
of acknowledgement should be possible even from busy people.

Something like "I got your application, will get back to you later".

Also, if this is the rule rather than the exception, we need to tell new
developers to apply immediately, not only when their package is ready for
upload.

MfG Kai