Re: Abuse bug being ignored.

Larry 'Daffy' Daffner:
> Speaking of squake, what happened to xf86quake? Since Xfree86 has
> better acceleration support for my S3928, I prefer an X version, and
> the xf86quake was MUCH spiffier than xquake.  Does 1.06 not have
> xf86quake anymore? can I pick up an xf86quake 1.06 binary on my own
> anywhere? Inquiring minds want to know :)

I removed xf86quake from the package, because there is no version of it for
quake 1.06, and I really felt I should get quake 1.06 out for other reasons
(namely, squake :-).

The person who made squake does plan on building a xf86quake 1.06 at some
point, but it's far down his list of priorities.

You can get xf86quake version 1.01 from:
	ftp://ftp.stomped.com/pub/quake_t/x_linux/intel_linux_quake091.tgz

I tried running it with the quake-lib 1.06 installed, and got the following
error message, so if you really want to use it, you'll probably have to
downgrade to quake-lib 1.01 first.

FindFile: can't find gfx/pop.lmp
Playing shareware version.
FindFile: can't find gfx.wad
Error: W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad

As soon as xf86quake 1.06 is made available, I will add it to the package.

--
      "How appropriate, you fight like a cow." - - Guybrush Threepwood