Re: GNU libc

On Mar 6, Ulrich Drepper wrote
> I don't know whether it makes sense to distribute this part of glibc
> in a separate package.  I don't think so but you'll know better.

It's in keeping with our packaging guidelines for two reasons.  First
the timezone file are not specific to libc6, they can also be used by
libc5 and even, shudder, libc4.  Second, even though it's not
recommended, it is possible to use libc6 without the timezone files.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road