Re: Upgrade procedure for tetex

Guy> Chow Chi-Ming <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk> writes:
>> This means once a package is released, other packages may depend on
>> it and therefore a replacement package has to carry the old package
>> name forever.  Doesn't sound too good to me.

Guy> Not forever, only until the other packages start depending on the
Guy> new name.

No.  If all other packages depend on the new name, the distribution
will be problem-free for a _fresh_install_.  However, we cannot assume
that there are no machine with the old version of the packages that
depend on the old name.  When such a machine is upgraded, there'll be
problems.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Department of Systems Engineering