Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

John Goerzen:
> But if what we're discussing is making Debian packages out of
> things that have nothing to do with Debian then we shouldn't be
> doing it.  (EG, Debian should not try to be Project Gutenberg)...

Yes, that is also what we're talking about. Making, for example,
Debian packages of free (usually copyright-elapsed) novels does
provide added value:

	- easier upgrades
	- easier deinstallation
	- better integration into Debian, for example dwww's
		lists of documents

Whether these should be part of the main Debian distribution is
an open question, but note that we already have writings that
aren't strictly Debian related, even though they're computer
related.

Anyhow, the question is pretty moot until and unless we get more
of such packages.