Re: "New maintainer" address dead? & misc. questions

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

John Goerzen:
> Finally, a general question.  The policy manual states that a file called
> /usr/doc/packagename/copyright should be created with the copyright info of
> the package.  But a lot of packages have copyright info in
> /usr/doc/copyright/packagename.  Which is the correct method?

/usr/doc/packagename/copyright is the correct method. The other one
used to be the correct method, but is not anymore. As soon as all
packages have been upgraded, /usr/doc/copyright will contain only
GPL, BSD, Artistic, and other such generic licenses (so that every
GPL'd package doesn't have to contain a copy of the GPL).