non-hub 10baseT connections

This is a little off-topic but given my intent I hope no one minds...

I have a spare SUN Sparc-5 that I'd like to configure as a linux box (why?
because I can :)).  Anyway, my *entire* network is token-ring and I don't
have a spare token-ring card (let alone a linux driver) so my question is:

	can I direct connect two 10baseT ethernet ports?

I can setup the SUN on my desk to act as a router, no problem. I just don't
have a 10baseT hub lying around, nor the money for one :(

Any help appreciated.

Stephen
---
"Normality is a statistical illusion." -- me