Re: Yet another glibc pre-release

David Engel wrote:
> I've put another pre-release of glibc 2.0.6 (pre5) at
> ftp://ftp.ods.com/pub/linux.
>
> Please note that I will be out of town for the rest of the week.  Any
> problems will have to wait until I return on Saturday.

The libc6-dbg package has a problem. A simple test:

$ cat t.c
int main () { return 0; }
$ gcc -pg -o t t.c -lc_p
$ ./t
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$ gcc -static -pg -o t t.c -lc_p
$ ./t
$ exit

I've traced the problem to __environ == 0x0 in the init routine when using
-lc_p.  However I'm not certain why that's occuring (weak symbol in -lc_p
being overridden perhaps?). As you can see, using -static prevents the
core dump but I can hardly build the applications I was to test this way.

Stephen
---
"Normality is a statistical illusion." -- me