my user on my box!

Hi there guys!

I am using Debian 1.3.1 and finds it a perfekt linuxdistribution.
But there is one _very_ BiG problem in all unices I have tested,
and that is the users and root.
What I want is to get my user named ceed to be as powerful as root but
at the same time it shouldn't be root. Is there a way of fixing this??
And I do not want to go around su:ing all my day.
And I don't want to run as my user and have an xterm su:ed to root.
And finally can you pleaze give me a small description of what each
user in the original /etc/passwd is!
Thanks!
Please mail me!
// jonbj@hotmail.com