Re: IconPath, menu

On 21 Dic, Adam P. Harris wrote:

> [You (Karl M. Hegbloom)]
>> I've created a directory "/usr/X11R6/icons" for my own use.
>> that we need to have something like that, and a keeper of the icons.
>
> We already have the location, and it is standard:
>   /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/
> There are over 300 pixmaps in there, a good deal of which are icons.
>
> As for a "keeper",there are several alternate icons packages.   I think
> it would be a mistake to try to centralize icon maintenance.
>
>> All of the mini icons and whatnot from the various packages ought to
>> be consolidated into one icon package.
>
> Why?   It sounds so hegemonic!  That person would have to maintain icons
> for every possible application/service.

That does not mean I agree on centralizing icon maintenance, but a good
reason is not to have 2-3-4-5-100 copies of the same icon on the HD.
Actually a lot of packages (especially file managers) use the same
set of public domain pixmaps and put them in different places :(

Just my 2c. Ciao.

* Federico Di Gregorio  |  /      *-=$< ;-) TeX Wizard?            *
* Debian developer!     | / -1    pgp: finger fog@perosa.alpcom.it *
* <friend of penguins>  |/        try http://www.debian.org        *
******************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**