Minor error installing login_970616-1

     While testing the upgrading of rex to hamm I have discovered
several problems or possible bugs.  I will post each of these as
separate messages, and ask if anyone else has encountered them, and if
they should be reported as bugs.

     The perl system contained login 1.45a-3, which was replaced with
login_970616-1 by dselect /dpkg.  When the new login was being setup,
it displayed the message: "Installing new version of config file
/etc/securetty ..."  and hung.  It was necessary to use ^C to re-start
the installation, and it displayed: "dpkg: error processing login
(--install):
 subprocess post-installation script killed by signal (Interrupt)"

     A second run of dselect (I)nstall reinstalled login with no error
messages.  The file /etc/securetty contains two copies of the five
line message that login.postinst prepends to it.

     This is a minor error, but having dselect hang in mid
installation is a bit disconcerting.

     I am using bash v2.01-5, a custom compiled kernel v2.0.27, and
dpkg v1.4.0.8.

     I can see nothing in login.postinst that looks as if it should
cause the process to hang.

Bob