Re: ppp & ppp-pam

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:
> Is there an automatic way of setting the current version of a package into the
> Depends (a la ${shlibs:Depends}) ?

Not totally automatic, but you could probably do something in
debian/rules to sed (or, if you're me, perl) it out of the changelog,
and then do something like:

echo "package:Version=$(VERSION)" > debian/substvars
dpkg-shlibdeps
dpkg-gencontrol

where debian/control would have

Depends: ppp (${package:Version})

The whole substvars is much more powerful than most people use.  I've
recently taken to exploiting it for libc-dev dependencies, since the
Alpha has libc6.1-dev and i386 has libc6-dev.

Mike.