Re: XEmacs elisp packages (was: Service registration)

 The XEmacs team is working on unbundling much of the elisp that used
 to be included.  There is a new set of functions for building and
 adding packages' autoloads and `customize' dependancies.  I believe
 (though I am not certain) that it will require there be a `temacs'
 installed, and that XEmacs be redumped with the new autoloads after a
 major elisp package is installed.  I think there's going to be a
 makefile for doing that, which will get installed in the same
 location as things like `gnuserv'.  The alternative was to load the
 autoloads.elc and custom-deps.elc files at startup, which would be
 way too slow.

 For the best information, those of you in charge of implementing the
 Debian XEmacs packages should consult the NEWS file from XEmacs 20.3,
 as well as that of XEmacs-20.4 (beta), which, _I'm_guessing_, will be
 ready for release sometime during the first quarter of 1998.

 You should also _please_ join the `xemacs-beta' mailing list, after
 looking over the web pages, especially the NEWS and FAQ.

			http://www.xemacs.org/

 ... then:

 echo subscribe xemacs-beta | mail -s subscribe xemacs-beta-request@xemacs.org

 Information on how to become a beta tester may be found in the FAQ.
	    There are some exciting changes taking place!

--
mailto:karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg