Re: Amiga port of Debian

James Troup <J.J.Troup@comp.brad.ac.uk> writes:

> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:
>
> > > It most certainly is not.
> >
> > Hmmm? What's missing then, since we are running a perfectly working
> > 1.2.17 system...
>
> Any sane Amiga installation disks; a non-buggy-pseudo-1.3 base set.
> And as of 12/12/1997, 246 packages have yet to be compiled and a
> further 204 are out of date.  Debian/m68k is not finished and it is
> not released.

There will be a Linux Distribution for m68k that is based on and
compatible to Debian made by Eagle. Its mainly Amiga biased, but also
supports other m68k architectures. The unstable Debian system will
also be on the CD for those not suported by the Eagle installation
directly, but by Debian.

All packages from Debian are compileing at the moment and hopefully
most will work. Unfortunally some Packages are hardcoded to i386
stuff or they miss some files. Namely emacs and xemacs don't compile
and the include file they miss are not in the Contents file from
Debian, so their not in any stable Package.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn