Re: Hardware Question

I apologize for the unfriendly message from one of our other developers
recently.

Yes, these pieces of hardware should work fine with Linux.  Debian is
just a distribution of Linux, so it will be fine too.  As far as
configuring, that is a more difficult question.  The majority of that
is done when you 1) recompile your kernel, b) setup X windows, c) and
other little things, like setting up ppp.

For those, I recommend you a) read, read, read!  There is nothing more
valuable then reading through all the FAQs and HOWTOs and manpages
available on a subject before you ask a question on a mailing list -
you will often answer your own question.  b) Subscribe to debian-user
and ask future questions there, for some of the developers can get
obnoxious when they resond :)

Extra Hint:  When trying to find an answer, always go to the
/usr/doc/??? directory first (where ??? is the Debian package name) and
look at all the files there, especially ones such as README and
README.debian.

Good Luck and happy Linuxing!

On 12 Dec, Mike wrote:
> Question:
>     I have a Shuttle 569 TX Motherboard, Soundblaster Vibra 16 Plug&Play
> Sound Card (Creative Labs ), USR 56K Internal Modem, Matrox Mysteak
> Video Card, HP Ink Jet 694C Printer, and a Acer 12x Cd Rom.  Are these
> all compatible Hardware and how to configure them.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Mike Ackerman
>

> --

                - Paul J Thompson

            A squirrel tangled with a 23,000 volt line in
        Stillwater, Oklahoma on Saturday, Nov. 22, 1997.  The
       results blacked out the entire campus of Oklahoma State
              University, and, of course, one squirrel.