Re: fdisk3

On 12 Dec 1997 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> The author seems to have dropped the project after releasing
> fdisk3. There never has been a good user interface for it.

	The interface works the same as fdisk , (which I often prefer to
cfdisk).  The lack of curses interface is a problem.  But the there are
some situations where fdisk can't read a broken table and fdisk3 can , and
can repair it (saved my life once).  I was thinking of adding it, as the
author suggests and as I did on my system, as fdisk3 .  I suppose lack of
support for bug fixes is also a potential problem.

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>