Re: Thread safe X libs?

> Check out the forwarded message below.  I get the same error using
> Debian unstable.  Does this mean that Red Hat has thread-safe X libs
> and we don't?

Well, I wouldn't mistake that for a bug report...  no indication of
*what* is producing the error, why it would have *anything* to do with
the thread-safe libraries, or that it actually *does* work on RH5.  If
the program was built with libc5, it's unlikely to be able to be
thread safe.

If you could perhaps come up with a *real* demonstration, and an
indication of what release you tested it against, it might actually
mean something... or at least it would give me a starting point to
look for the problem.  Every X release for a long time has been built
_REENTRANT, and the 3.3.1 libs are built with some threading options
turned on (I'd have to look at the config files to see what, though.)