Re: libc6 2.0.6 coredumps portmap (was Re: Libc6 2.0.5c has a leak in inet_ntoa)

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Craig Sanders wrote:

> On 10 Dec 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
> > Yep, download libc6_2.0.6-0.2 (prerelease 2) from
> > ftp://ftp.ods.com/pub/linux/ and send david@debian.org an email
> > with your experiences ..
> >
> > Has been running fine here for two or three weeks.
>
> seems to cause portmap to core dump....which messes up nfs.

more on this problem.  portmap doesn't segfault on a freshly built hamm
system (i.e. one built with bo and upgraded to hamm immediately a few days
ago - which is acting as an NFS server, exporting a mirror of debian to
the local network).

portmap only coredumps on all of my systems which have been upgraded
continuously since debian 0.93 or so.

craig