Re: How to detach debug symbols from libraries

Fabrizio Polacco writes:
 > Hi folks!
 >
 > I remember someone suggesting to tetach debugging symbols from libraries
 > to package them separately on a -dbg binary package.

I think the -dbg package contain the unstripped libs, and not only the
symbols.

There would be a way of separately providing the symbols (for gdb at
least), but the last time I tried, it wasn't supported on i386.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: