qmail: postinst needs to edit /etc/hosts.allow. Is that allowed ?

Hi,

I need to add a couple of lines to /etc/hosts.allow in qmail, because
otherwise qmail will not work under inetd.  I presume I'm not supposed to
create packages that edit other packages conffiles, so how do I deal with this
?

The lines I need to add are of the form:

  smtp: .YOUR.DOMAIN.: setenv RELAYCLIENT:twist { { /usr/bin/tcp-env  \
    /usr/sbin/qmail-smtpd 1>&3;} 2>&1|splogger qmail;} 3>&1
  smtp: ALL:twist { { /usr/bin/tcp-env /usr/sbin/qmail-smtpd 1>&3;}   \
    2>&1|splogger qmail;} 3>&1

[ that's 2 lines.  The backslashes and linefeeds were added for readability ]

With .YOUR.DOMAIN. being replaced with a spec for all the hosts that are
allowed to relay mail through this host.

The `twist' weirdness is there to make sure that qmail's stderr gets logged,
rather than being thrown at the SMTP connection.

Cheers, Phil.