All these postinst-Questions

Hi!

After having Debian installed on a number of machines here at our
university, I begin to wonder if there is any possibility to run an
unattended installation. Maybe someone knows the net-installation of
Solaris. You just drop the configuration in a file, provide some
config-files (e.g. passwd), start the installation process and after one
hour, everything is finished. This one doesn't work with dpkg, because you
don't know in which order the postinst's ask their questions. Has anyone an
idea how to put all these decisions into a database and feed dpkg with this
without writing a very long and error-prune expect-script? I'm just talking
on the basic config here. For advanced issues I have to use some advanced
tools like cfengine, but for now I need something which enables me to run a
basically unattended installation.

  Christian

--
  _/ University of Rostock            ckauhaus@informatik.uni-rostock.de _/