How to package a JAVA library?

Hello Java folks!

My absolute ignorance of java is causing me trouble.
I'm building a set of library packages that includes a java shared
library.

After a failed try with guavac (but I don't giveup), I succeded in
MAKEing the shared lib using javac.
The make stage creates a lot of '.class' files and a lib_java.so object.

Now the trouble:
* What files should be put in the java binary package?
* Where those files should be located? (/usr/lib, /usr/include ?)
* Should I make a pair of packages (runtime + develop)?
* What is the naming convention for java packages?

Thank you for the help,
Fabrizio