Re: pentium specific packages

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> How about a binary-pent directory with symlinks back to binary-i386 until
> a package is uploaded.  Then we need to tell dselect(ftp) to get the
> packages from binary-pent instead of binary-i386.

it's the obvious way... create another architecture tree, binary-i586
(gosh, that going to hit hard on the mirror eventually. Time to get yet
another harddisk for the Debian mirror ;) It's just a minor (I hope)
modification to dpkg:

$ dpkg --print-architecture
i386
$ dpkg --print-gnu-build-architecture
i486
$ dpkg --print-installation-architecture
i386

> Is there an easy way to do this?  (Also, if pentium clones also work
> with the ecgs compiled packages, maybe i586 is better than pent.)

I think it should be i586, although I'm not clear if ecgs supports Kx et
al. It should...

			Marcelo