Re: RFC: Deb 2.0 testing process

Andy Mortimer <andy@beaker.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> OTOH, if you make this too simplistic, then I fear you're going to miss most
> of the problems: I'm sure the majority of developers do test their packages at
> least a little bit before releasing them. I certainly do. But one of the
> things Debian has been bad at in the past is getting a distribution which is
> consistent within itself, and that is something that these checklists won't
> address.

This can be dealt with by creating a check list based on the policy manual
(the first think to check in *any* package should be its compliance with the
current policy).  Such a check list would be very useful even for developers,
since people like me, that are not completely aware of the last policy
discussions may very well miss some policy aspects when releasing a package.

Regards,

M. S.