Re: dpkg-buildpackage bug?

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Santiago Vila Doncel wrote:

> Colin R. Telmer wrote:
> > Should I have needed to delete debian/substvars by hand?
>
> Not "by hand". Just remove it in debian/rules clean target.

But I don't think that I should have to do that. If I created in the first
place, this would seem fine to me, but debian/substvars is generated by
dpkg-buildpackage and when I upgrade libs I would have thought that
dpkg-buildpackage should then upgrade debian/substvars. Given it generated
the correct updated file when it was not present to begin with, why can't
it just do this each build? Cheers.

--
Colin Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
School of Policy Studies Building, Room 309, Queen's University