Re: Packaging xphoon

Juan Cespedes wrote:

> 	Because it's not clearly stated in the copyright.  That
> statement means:
> 	1.- Permission to use.
> 	2.- Permission to copy.
> 	3.- Permission to modify.
> 	4.- Permission to distribute.
> All of these points refer to `this software and its documentation'.
> It's not stated anywhere that the modifications still have the same
> license.  But I may be wrong...

Well, it gives permission to modify.  What license would the modified
version be under, if not the original one?  Once it has given blanket
permission to modify, I think it would have to say "modification
invalidates this license" in order to apply a different license to
modified versions.  And the license text as it stands makes no
distinction.

Richard Braakman