Re: New 'land' attack -- Debian immune.

Hello!

In article <m9b4t563ryy.fsf@jocoque.cps.msu.edu> you write:
>[...]

>How many of these systems use BSD-derived network code?

What the heck is that 'land' attack, anyway? I recently heard of an
attack with strange fragment offsets. But to that, BSD was already
immune, which contradicts the statement in the text you did quote.

But if that is another attack, I haven't heard about it. (And I
read comp.security.{announce,unix,} alt.security, linux-kernel,
debian-devel and BSD mailing lists regularly and suppose that attack
should have been reported at least on any of those, too.)

Regards, Felix.