Re: regression

> We could incorporate self-tests into the source package this way, and
> invoke them from debian/rules.  Ideally, this should be fed to the
> upstream developer too.

Having a `check' script as one of the control files that could be run after a package is installed to check the installation is OK would also be good.

It should take a parameter to determine whether it should be interactive or not, so that one could run all the automatic checks for all packages, or run tests that prompted the user to try things out by hand.

It would also be good to have a script for running the checks, and submitting a test report via e-mail.  Maybe a package that contained that, a few system-wide check scripts, and some support programs to make writing tests easier.

Cheers, Phil.