Re: group of Java maintainers was Re: guavac, kaffe, kore, a free java development environment?

Stephen Zander <srz@mckesson.com> writes:

> Although not yet a debian maintainer, if you want to give up jdk,
> I'm happy to step in (already have access to the source, so...)

That would be ideal.  :-)

As it stands now, I can't really get a clear picture of what is happening
with the jdk development because I can't subscribe to the developers mailing
list, since I won't sign the license.

I might make one more release of it, just to split the class files off
into their own package so they can be reused by kaffe without having to
install the entire JDK.  Maybe I should just supply the patch for the changes
to you, and you can release it as you see fit.

There's some good info on how to become a developer now:

  http://www.debian.org/developers_corner.html

Cheers,

 - Jim