Re: group of Java maintainers was Re: guavac, kaffe, kore, a free java development environment?

On Sun, Nov 23, 1997 at 01:11:15PM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:

> > Can the following list be the starting point of the different aspects
> > of each team member? Have I set up a wrong person to a special
> > package? Are there other people interested?
> >
> > package:       coordinator
> >
> > guavac:        Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>
> > jdk:           Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> > kaffe:         Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com>
> > kore:          Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>
> > biss-awt:      Christian Leutloff <leutloff@sundancer.oche.de>
> > java-base-doc: Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>
>
> I'm actually more interested in doing kaffe than the jdk...
>
> > Should we set up a Java related mailing list or a common mail address
> > like java-group@debian.org!? Btw., can we use Java or is it a
> > trademark of Sun, that we can't use here??
>
> I don't think we can get in trouble by using "Java" in the name of
> a mailing list.

For a simple try set up a .qmail-java file in the coordinators
homepage.  This would give you coordinator-java@debian.org.

Qmail could be advised to map java-maintenence@debian.org to that
address.  (same for packages.debian.org, maybe java@packages...)

Regards

	Joey

 /                 Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only /
/          proved it correct, not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth /