Re: Debian will move glibc-2.1?

On Sun, Nov 23, 1997 at 03:49:42AM +0900, Araki Yasuhiro wrote:
> I want to use and develop IPv6 on hamm package.
> But, IPv6 require glibc-2.1 or libc5 with libinet6.
>
> 1st:
> Can I use glibc-2.1?  Or I have to wait or use other package.(:-p)

IMO, glibc 2.1 is still too volatile for general use.  You are free to
build and use it yourself.

> 2nd:
> If glibc-2.0 has been stable, where does Debian go the next step?

'Dunno.  There will always be new packages and new versions of
existing packages to build.  There are also an awful lot of existing
bugs to fix.

> Please show debian's way to go.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road