Re: Open Hardware Program

I think it'd help if the applications were processed quickly...
my guess is that we'll have a good bit more interest when
we get some small 'critical mass' of devices, i.e. say a dozen
or so.

Getting those two new ones up would be a start though, and it'd
help to have more than one manufacturer.

Simon

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> We have two more applications but the world is not beating a path to
> our door. I've been thinking that we could "nominate" devices that already
> fit the terms rather than expecting manufacturers to apply.
>
> 	Bruce

Simon Karpen		slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
                -- Charles Babbage