Re: ouch

On Wed, Nov 19, 1997 at 01:02:11PM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > I have reinstalled this and my 2.1.54 (kernel-package) kernel
> > several times since then, and run lilo lots, but it didn't help,
> > it still resets. No, it's just my desktop machine; I haven't
> > run 2.0.30 on it before, but I run 2.1.54 just fine and I run
> > 2.0.27 and the likes on it. I could try the 2.0.29 in hamm
> > if that would help.
>
> Please do.  Also, can you write out the 2.0.30 vmlinuz onto a floppy and try to
> boot it? Thanks.

Bad news-- the 2.0.29 package does the same.
Also, the 2.0.29 package postinst dies if /System.map doesn't exist,
but recent kernel-package-built packages remove it. I wouldn't consider
it a bug so much as a disagreement about how things should work.

I will try the floppy now.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.