Re: How can I help? ( was Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date)

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:26:18 EST Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca
 wrote:

> As we don't take care of identifying 'absent' maintainers which long
> dropped the ball, we don't have a current list of orphaned packages.

A big thank you for your recognition of the work of the people who
try to maintain this list (Vincent, Brian, the debian-qa people and
I) :-)

> But you can start with the result of Brian's PING as a proxy.

I haven't have time to fold the last ping results into WNPP, but it contains a pretty up-to-date orphans list (amongst other things).
Do that mean I should post-it bi-daily to debian-devel to raise awareness ?

Phil.