Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

'Turbo Fredriksson wrote:'
>On 20 Nov 1997, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
>
>> I'll get to work on a /usr/sbin/netconfig, and re-make
>> /etc/init.d/network to be a little more in line with the other
>> /etc/init.d scripts.
>
>Wrote mine a long time ago, this is the way mine looks like:
>
>---------- s n i p p ----------
>#!/bin/sh
>
>IPADDR=42.42.40.90
>NETMASK=255.255.0.0
>NETWORK=42.42.0.0
>BROADCAST=42.42.255.255
>GATEWAY=42.42.40.42

You don't include any firewalling.  Here is a starter:

LOCALNET="192.168.0.0/16"
ipfwadm -F -p accept;ipfwadm -F -f
ipfwadm -I -p accept;ipfwadm -I -f
ipfwadm -O -p accept;ipfwadm -O -f

# Deny spoofed and otherwise desirable packets
ipfwadm -I -a deny -V $IPADDR -S $IPADDR
ipfwadm -I -a deny -V $IPADDR -S 127.0.0.1

At least.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary