Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

'Bruce Perens wrote:'
>From: David Engel <david@sw.ods.com>
>> If we had gotten our glibc release out before RedHat, we might have
>> gotten some their users to give us a try.
>
>Let's not treat this as if we were in competition with Red Hat.
>How many packages are still not ported?

How many maintainers are still not ported?

Updating every (or even most) of the packages in the distribution has
created a chaos that I hope we don't repeat soon.

I now believe that libc6 is safe for me to migrate to, but the
learning curve is steep when one has other things to do.  Maintaining
packages is much easier than sorting out dependency errors in system
libraries :(

I do hope that libc7 is many years distant ...

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary